Limnology & Biosystematics:
- Biodiversity and distribution of Freshwater Zooplankton, Prawns and fishes in N. E. India and Bhutan.
- Micro-faunal diversity of Ramsar sites of N. E. India.
- Limnological studies of Floodplain lakes of Manipur and Meghalaya.
- Environmental monitoring/survey of Reservoirs, and areas with Umiam deposits of Meghalaya.
- Limnological investigations in Mizoram and Bhutan.
- Adrenergic Signal transduction in pineal gland of rat and fish.
- Induced breeding in endangered chocolate mahseer, Neolissocheilus hexagonolepis.
- Effect of stress on reproduction and thyroid hormone levels in fish.
- Hormonal regulation of reproduction in fish and amphibians.
Cell Biology &Immunology
- Anticancer effect of Cisplatin in murine malignant tumor.
- Role of glutathione in anticancer activity of Cisplatin and other chemo-therapeutic agents.
- Efficacy of putative and anti-cancerous plants in N. E. region.
- Ecology, breeding behavior, development and metamorphosis in amphibians.
- Developmental changes in eggs and cuticular sensory structures in the larva and adults of Lepidoptera.
- Purification and characterization of urea cycle enzymes, and mechanisms of regulation of ureogenesis in air-breathing catfishes.
- Effect of cell volume changes on nitrogen, carbohydrate and protein metabolism in air-breathing catfishes.
- Expression of nitric oxide synthases and role of nitric oxide under environmental stresses in air-breathing catfishes.
- Diversity of helminth parasites among vertebrate hosts including humans-morphological, ultrastructural and molecular discrimination of species.
- Zoonotic infections and transmission dynamics of geohelminthic parasites.
- Bioprospection for anthelmintic efficacy of plants used in traditional medicine.
- Faunal survey and bioefficacy of entomopathogenic nematodes (EPNs) in Meghalaya.
- Antidiarrhoeal efficacy of plants used in traditional system of Naga tribes.
Entomology & Animal Physiology:
- Plant-based compounds as bio-pesticides.
- Anti-cancer, anti-diabetic plant-based chemicals.
- Diversity of Lepidoptera, Coleopterans and Hemiptera.
- Insect diversity in special niches of North-Eastern region.
- Insect endocrinology, morphology and insect ecophysiology.
- Identification and development of DNA methylation biomarkers for specific cancer types prevalent in the North Eastern states.
- Methylation profiling of esophageal cancer in Meghalaya